Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spring into Bare Leg Season...

What is not to love about Spring!? Sunshine, Fresh Buds, & of course months-days-weeks closer to Summer!  What I also adore about spring is actually my spring wardrobe- I love bright colors, light fabrics, & most of all: Bare Legs.  This is an unheard of spring for us in MN (think temperatures reaching the 80's in March!) but I am more than accepting of packing away my tights for awhile...



I love a chic summer dress & I am obsessing over florals & lace this spring...


The best part about baring your nude legs this spring, is pairing them with an equally adorable spring frock.  I chose a few of my favorite florals & lace dresses for you & I want to explain how I would dress the look up or down depending on the event at hand...

I love this {Miu Miu} rose lace over nude fabric dress! Perfect for a late spring bridal shower. Pair with a skinny belt & corked wedges & you cannot go wrong...



This emerald lace tea length {JohnLewin} dress would be perfect for a casual day at work. I could easily get away with this fun dress at work- add a nude flat, a sheer fabric sweater & some coral accessories & you're good to go...


This yellow {warehouse} dress is much more formal with a boat neckline & cinched waistline. Perfect for Sunday Easter or a Spring Wedding- pair with pearls & a lightweight wrap...


Moving on to florals! I love this {D&G} belted dress- this is another dress that I would definitely wear to work! Colored blazers are so chic this season, but I would suggest a cropped blazer that sits right above your hip bones so that it doesn't take away from the flair of the dress. Since the dress already has a lot going on + a bright blazer, keep the sandal or flat simple in black...



I picked up this {H&M} 3/4 sleeve dress this winter, in anticipation for spring to arrive!  A perfect spring dress for a night out- again the dress already is a lot to look at, keep the shoes & accessories neutral in black or nude...


{ToryBurch} always amazes me with the patterns & color palette each season! I am obsessed with maxi dresses because I think they are so versatile for MN weather! I pair sweaters, off the shoulder T's, flats, sandals, wedges, chunky necklaces, bold bangles- anything & everything with my maxi dresses...


So you're probably thinking- we're barely in to April, there is no way I am baring my pasty white legs yet...


Ok- let me help! Go to your local drug store & pick up these 4 things & you'll have perfectly sheer stems in no time! In your next steamy shower, start by exfoliating your dead gross winter skin off & start fresh! I know you're thinking you can skip this step, but no! you cannot! Exfoliating helps the color apply better in our upcoming steps...


Next, obviously shave your legs silky smooth! 


When you get out of the shower, pat your legs dry & apply this Natural Glow Foam. Most women are petrified of instant tanners, but I can promise you- this brand will not turn you orange, nor streaky, nor blotchy. It's foam! How can you screw up foam? Put it on exactly how you would if you were putting lotion on your legs & wash your palms afterwards.


After you let the tanner dry for about 10 minutes, lube your legs up good with baby oil. It brings out the tan, adds shine & overall dimension to your legs. And you're done! For about $15 you can clean up those wintery legs & bare them in no time!


One last little trick- this stuff is my new fav, it is seriously a miracle spray. It's a mist, so it is a bit trickier, but on the mornings that I don't have time to do the above 4 steps, then I quickly mist my legs with this stuff & out the door I go in the shortest skirt possible my new spring dress! You can get it at {VS} for about $12...


Go show off your revamped stems!



xo, kjl

No comments:

Post a Comment