Friday, March 2, 2012

Dear Miss Cheeky Chic...

How can I achieve the look of an inspired workspace, while maintaing a professional manner?

Love, 
Stressed, yet Chic Working Woman


Dear Darlings, 

It is quite possible to maintain your chicness while still having a day job! I find it terribly important to be motivated & inspired daily by beautiful & chic things! How dull of us to believe our weekday workspace cannot be as dashing as our weekend social lives!?

I adore a unique office & am equally obsessed with organization...


Strong believer that everything has a place, in it's place (thank you, mama!)...


Here are a few of my tips! 
(Disclaimer: I love cheeky spaces & I love an overall shabby look! It works for me- figure out what works for you, whether it be more contemporary, antiqued, or sophisticated, use these tips to work with your personal style!)

Keep Everything Fully Stocked & in it's Own Individual Space:
I love mason jars for this purpose! I actually have a few jars on my desk right now- 1 with pens in it, the other with colorful gum balls (sugar-a-holic)...


I swear by this: Buy an Expensive, Ridiculously Overpriced, Day Planner:
I can promise you, you will use it! I do not go anywhere without my planner- it helps me stay organized & attentive. Plus, hello! this gorg item on your desk instantly adds overall appeal...


Bring Your DIY Project to the Office:
I know cork boards are out dated, but I love them & they are so easy to make! I often go to the GoodWill, purchase terribly ugly pictures for $3, go home & tear the picture out to be replaced with cork, & paint the unique frame! Perfect for hanging reminder notes in your office...


Don't Be Boring, Be Bold:
100 push pins for $2 at Target? Nah, I'd rather spend $15 on 20 at Anthropologie!! Am I crazy? As bizarre as it sounds, sometimes little splurges like these are totally necessary for an office make over...


Incorporate Your Weekend Style in the Office:
At home, I am obsessed with my jewelry storage. I have tons of little antique trinket dishes for storing rings, earrings & other small accessories. Who says these dishes can't be uses as paperclip, rubber band, and memo pad holders? So utterly chic on your desk...


OK, Tone it Down a Bit:
I would totally have that cute saucer+tea cup holder on my desk, but most aren't as ridiculous daring as me.  Opt for smaller unique dishes for those misc. office items...


Keep your Overall Theme Going:
Again, I love shabby chic, it's kind of my thing. Owls- totally my thing. Find statement items that fit into your personal style... (Btw this is a pencil holder)


Go Local:
Here in MN, we have this gorgeous organizational & stationary shop, called Russell + Hazel . They have so many different options for your to make your stationary uniquely yours. Find your local stationary boutiques & give them the business they deserve! I love this notepad storage...

(Keeping with theme- keep your notepads personalized & chic) 


Add Personalized, yet Useful Touches:
So everything is not all for looks! Office items need to be deemed as useful as well as chic! Vamp up your space with distinct hardware, like this pretty coat hanger...


A Polished Woman is Always on Time:
It is not cute, nor cheeky to be late. Something I am constantly working on = time management! Remind yourself of appointments, meetings, & conference calls with your new chic Kate Spade Planner & Be On Time with a fabulous pendant clock. Both professional & chic...



Much Much Love, 
kjl

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon your page via Pinterest, and am trully enjoying your blog. You are doing great on inspiring and colorful posts! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete