Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Making Light of a Dark Space...

Have you ever come across something that you cannot simply get your mind off of until you have it!?  That is me, with the couch below. Ever since I came across it while perusing the web one day, I have been feverishly searching for where I can get my hands on it.  Unfortunately, I have come short & have only been able to find close replicas.  I am completely enamored with this oversized, endless tufts of love, grey velvety smooth, sofa...




Recently, I found a close replica at ZGallerie & it looks like this:


...& they have it suggestively styled like so:

& although I love the couch, I just do not particularly adore the dark features that so many feel the need to add to a room with a gray furniture?  I am a woman of color & I love mixing masculine & feminine attributes & frankly, this is not my style...



Yet, I still am hoping for the comfortable & cozy feel that shades of gray bring to a space, I just would prefer pops of color with my gray palette...


Mixing hues of pinks & roses definitely bring light to an already dark space & provide you with that feminine touch on the overall room...


So although I went through hell trying to find that gorgeous couch & then when I finally found a close replica, I second guessed myself for wanting the gray couch in the first place, because it is so commonly decorated with dark features.  But, I knew if I added a few of my own personal touches on the trend (blush pinks) I could reclaim my love for the gray sofa & make the space uniquely mine!


I think the overall inspiration for the color palette was derived from this childhood character...


xo, kl

No comments:

Post a Comment