Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Complimenting Fall Colors: Mustard & Navy...

My obsession for mustard tones continues, but this time has a complimenting partner... Navy Blue!  The color pair goes effortlessly together & even adheres to the color blocking trend occurring...


While the color palette of mustard may feel a bit dramatic on your skin tone, I highly suggest trying it on before writing it off.  I have found that the mustard color is a bit dramatic alone, but is most definitely complimented well with another solid color...


Start small with a mustard colored tank & play around with golds & neutrals as accessories...


If you feel more comfortable in Navy, let that color palette be the focus & Mustard to be the additional pop of color...

If you're daring enough, try the trend with patterns!  A simple Navy & White striped dress adorned with a Mustard boyfriend sweater & khaki knee high boots screams fall fashionista! 


Here are some of my favorites for you to play around with...



... Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. I love mustard and navy together. For my July 'preppy chic' wedding, we used the combination and everything was so crisp and beautiful.

    I'm currently crushing on pink. Read all about it my latest blog post.

    kati | inbox impulse

    ReplyDelete