Monday, August 1, 2011

Quest Post: Melissa from JeNeSeQua...

Today, I am so excited to share with you, a slightly altered version of "What I am Loving Right Now," but instead, "What JeNeSeQua is Loving Right Now: Top 10 Things with Melissa..."

One of my favorite blogs to follow, JeNeSeQua, is here today to share her favorite things & I think you all will fall in love with Melissa, as much as I have! She is so fabulous & her website is filled with inspiring concepts- beauty tips, fashion styles, new yummy recipes, trendy decor, travel tips & everything truly fabulous that falls between!

Today, I would like to introduce you to Melissa from JeNeSeQua & her Top 10 Favorite Things...

1. Katie Holmes' Peek a Boo - Bra...
Miami brought the sex kitten out in Katie Holmes. Her attire is usually prim and proper, but this number, worn on a date with her hubby, Tom Cruise, was muy caliente. She has been bringing it lately. Did you see her Vogue Espana spread? 



2. Poppy Delivigne...
 at Louis Vuitton Presentation in Paris. She is on my radar for her style and beauty. This photo is the perfect combination of keeping it sexy but sophisticated, in sweltering heat. I envy her gorgeous locks and pretty pink smile. 


3. My Father's Daughter Cookbook...
I know people get tired of hearing from GP, but she truly does have many talents, and one of them is cooking. All of her recipes are to-die for delicious and healthy. My favorite you have to try is fried rice with kale and scallions. I am dying to make her fried sole sandwich with spicy mayo and pickles. 


4. Skin Apotheke...
 I am a skincare junkie and have tried everything under the sun (it helps that I work in the beauty industry to have access to it all as well) and lately I have been looking for a more holistic approach to my skincare, and life in general. Getting rid of parabens and preservatives is my mission. I ran into Ria, the woman who created this amazing line, Skin Apotheke, that is based on Ayurvedic principles, online, she sent me some products and I am hooked. Not only do they do wonders for my sensitive, but often dry skin, she also sent me hair serum that has brought my locks to life! The Face Oil is not oily at all. Check out her line here

5. Quinoa... 
Burgers, tots, in salads, stirfy, for breakfast: Quinoa is the most versatile and healthy grain/food. Two months ago my man and I went relatively gluten, starch, grain free with the exception of quinoa. I don't miss bread at all and the way I feel after eating it. Quinoa does the trick! This Quinoa Burger recipe can be found here 



6. London...
 Headed there for a week in mid August for holiday and for a wedding. Excited to shop, eat, stalk Gwyneth Paltrow (she lives in the neighborhood where we are staying) and don my first fascinator! 


7. Mr Gosling... 
What is not to like? So handsome, like-able, and amazing style to boot. I love Mr. Gosling dressed down, but this ensemble is very debonaire. I love a man that can dress. 


8. Prtty Peaushun...
 Two words. MIRACLE WORKER. I have veiny, ghostly white legs and try to stay out of the sun. This stuff doubles to hide cellulite and create the appearance of a tan. Just look at Gwyn P and Tracy Anderson's bods and legs. Proof is in the pudding. Get it here.  


9. Summer in Seattle... 
My absolute favorite time of year in Seattle is summer. Its not too hot, its just right. It only lasts about a month, and when it peaks its head, I am fully committed to celebrating its arrival. Lazy Sundays at Golden Gardens with my sweetheart and our puppy, followed up with dinner of crab legs and fresh caught salmon at Ray's Boat House, over looking the water, is my all time favorite pastime. 


10. My Eddie Borgo for J Crew cuff...
 It's my favorite new accessory. Dressed up or down. The pearls and cones on it are vintage, and add just enough of that Parisian street tough girl look. I need to go with my minimal, but girlie separates. Sorry, you can't get one, its sold out! But you can get the belt. (maybe wrap it up a few times on your wrist for stacked look...hm, good idea!) 


 After all of Melissa's fabulous favorites...one thing that I am sure you all are wondering is, What does Jenesequa even mean?


A statement that I often find slipping into my lingo...

 I though you would be able to get to know Melissa better, by tapping into her Top 10 Favorite Things!  Follow her inspiring tips on twitter @RueJNSQ or on facebook & I highly suggest you add her website: JeNeSeQua to your daily reads!  

Thanks for sharing with us Melissa!

No comments:

Post a Comment