Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Frugal Fashionista...


I have to admit, I always get a little excited when I hear the rumors of celebrities producing their own fashion line for different department stores. With all the buzz over the Kardashian sisters lately, I was so looking forward to seeing what their 'Kardashian Kollection' could do for Sears!  The hype over their '72-hour presale' had every frugal fashionista dying in anticipation...


... but for this???


...OR THIS???


...please don't tell me I am the only one confused by their line?!


I'd love to simply end there & say "I guess I don't know what I was expecting?"... But I do know what I was expecting!!  The Kardashian sisters are constantly styled with up to date fashion trends- equally blending masculine & feminine features! I was expecting bold prints with delicate features, sassy accessories, cheeky adorments... anything other than this collection the sisters put together!  I think a little less of this...


...& a little less than this...


...& Much MUCH more or this...


Kourtney's style is so refined & chic- she always keeps it classy... 


The good thing about the collection is that there are 3 sisters, which gives me hope that they get 3 tries to get it right? Regardless, I hope Kourtney gets a bit more of a say in the next C Kollection...


Back to a different frugal fashionista collection that I am simply adoring...

Lauren Conrad & her new line, Paper Crown at Kohls!!


What I love about LC's line Paper Crown is how she makes her pieces so easy to be paired with designer items!


She truly designed her new collection with frugal fashionistas in mind!  The items are affordable, simple, & most important- just really pretty!!
Staple items that every women should add to their closet! Solid color blazer & leather leggings- affordable every day items with the ability to pair with that great designer blouse that you splurged on!

The epitome of masculine & feminine features... LC got her Paper Crown Fall 2011Collection- spot on!  Neutrals mixed with ebony, leather mixed with chiffon... perfection!


This is my favorite look from her collection!


What do you guys think of the Kardashian Kollection?  Which style is more your style- Kardashian or Conrad?  Are there other celebrity fashion designers that you are looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment