Thursday, April 14, 2011

Pin Thin Pleats...

One trend to watch for Spring has been skinny thin pleats silk or chiffon skirts.  Whether maxi length or a shorter style, this style has made it through decades of fashion trends...



High waisted, pin thin pleats, in neutral color tones keep the style modern with a classic flair...


Or for a more 'day-wear' look, drop the hemline a bit & pair with a silk blouse...


I will be honest, there is one part of this trend that I have been avoiding for months, ever since it first hit the runway... & that is the length of this hemline...


It is a very popular trend for Spring, in fabrics & styles other than silk pleats, & to be completely honest, I am not quite sure how I feel about it?  The length seems rather unflattering & leaves me unsettled.  I want to be like, "ooo cute skirt, lets hem it up a couple inches! Or, ooo cute skirt, I wish it were a couple inches longer!"  I am trying to warm up to the trendy length...


This style of pin thin pleats goes great with dresses too...


If the dress has full body pleats, break up the fabric with a skinny belt adorned to your waist to give your body the curve it deserves...



What do you think about pin thin pleats? Leave them for decades ago or modernize them for today?

2 comments:

  1. I really like the thin pleats, especially on the short skirts and the dress. I look bad in skirts that hit me past the knees. I can do really long dresses, but the awkward length you're talking about...I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pleats are hot and especially so in longer lengths. I love the compilation of images you put together!

    ReplyDelete