Monday, March 7, 2011

Naturally (inspired) chicness...

Much like everyday, but especially more today, I am really missing my Colorado lovies.  It really got me thinking of how I would like to decorate my home when I move back, simply from the inspiration that surrounded  me.  I would love to decorate a home in a mountain town- using the outdoors & natural color palette as inspiration...


... Beautiful!  The log trim is amazing in this picture & the attention to natural detail is done perfectly...


These are awesome!! I would love to try this as a diy project...


Minimalism at it's finest!  I love the oversized window panes allowing the sunlight to do all the talking in this room!  Although the crisp bedding is beautiful, the wood bed frame & head board are really the focal point...


I LOVE distressed wood!  This bathroom is simple, chic & in very neutral tones...


Ahhh-mazing! How cool would this be!?!


Again, I am loving all of the wood detail throughout his home.  The A-frame logs centered by that antler chandelier is gorgeous...


I saw this a lot when I lived in Colorado & I absolutely fell in love!  People really go out of there way to make an outdoor entertaining space, exciting, yet very comfortable!  After a long day on the mountain, it was always awesome to have happy hour on a beautiful patio being warmed by huge fires...


Again, here is another patio. Simple & breathtaking.  Let the view do the talking...


I think I could enjoy something like this...


Like I said before, a color palette from the mountains & outdoors would be divine to work with!  Of course not using all the colors & themes at once, but picking & pulling ideas from a view like this would be effortless...


By adding a touch of turquoise from the hues above, really make this kitchen pop...


How alluring! Again, pick & pull ideas from nature to use within your own home...


From the picture above, the natural sunlight peeking between the trees was stunning!  Try sky windows to allow in peeks of sunlight, like the picture below...



Now, more than ever before, am I lusting over a mountain home!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment